Thursday, May 6, 2010

My First Braces Tightening

hey everyone, I got my first braces tightening two days ago. It didn't hurt except for one part. I guess my front bottom teeth didn't move like they were supposed to, or they're not movie fast enough...idk...anyways instead of the regular rubber bands over the brackets on four of my front bottoms they used what they called "Tire Irons" instead. Basically they used thin pieces of metal, even thinner than my arch wire and attached it to the bracket. The lady twisted it and it came out past my lip. She then wrapped it around the bracket, just like the rubber band would be. After that she took the excess twisted tip and bent it up underneath the archwire. She called these "pig tails" and told me if they ever stuck out and poked me to just take an eraser and fold them back under. I chose purple this time and it looks ten times better. I hated the teal color it barely showed at all. Anywho I've got new pictures and I'll try to get some of my "tire irons" and "pig tails" if I can. It's hard because they're so small!!!

Me with my new purple braces

Front view (sorry it's kind of blurry)

here's a better front shot!

and another!

top and bottom shot

a bit closer of a shot

Top View (look at that they're practically lined up!!)

Another top view

bottom view...still needs a lot of work

another bottom view

What I look like with my braces 4 weeks and 2 days into treatment


oh and I forgot to add, when I had my old wire taken out the let me brush and floss. It was the strangest feeling ever because all of my teeth felt super loose, and when I closed and opened my mouth they really felt like they might fall out. But anyways it was awesome to floss all my teeth w/o the wire, I forgot how awesome that felt lol...

No comments:

Post a Comment